Georges-André Asselin has been taking photos of women in the Quebec City region without their consent for years, and posting the photos on various platforms online. He has also crashed various feminist conferences and harrassed people there.
He showcases his photos publicly online, so let’s shame him publicly. Please visit the various pages and report him for harrassment.
On Pinterest (click small flag, report)
- start a bi-weekly film screening society (specializing in hard to find/anglo/foreign films)
- open a vintage clothing store (with steph?)
- create more photos/films, find funding to make them (with karina)
- make more music, share more music, meet more musicians
- start a fake prom committee, organize a fake prom one day
get my favourite bands to come play here
- discussion groups (book clubs? knitting club? combine with movie watching club?)
organize a feminist event, meet feminists (Monologues!)
- go sing karaoke on a regular (monthly? bi-monthly?) basis at le drague (gay bar)
volunteer weekly at a thrift store
make friends with neighbours/cute cashiers i have crushes on for months
- more street festivals, pedestrian days, flea markets, reclaiming public space
- organize a (environmental-antiracist-decolonizing-antiapartheid-creative) conference so that i get to invite/pay my favourite friends, activists and theorists to come to my city
- volunteer with the anarchist bookstore
- more lonesome late night bike rides through side streets and neighbourhoods i don’t know
- joy cannot exist without sadness; don’t take your anger out on a place. there are good and bad things about every place you have ever lived. work on making it more of a place you would like to be proud to say you live.
- try to appreciate the weather for its good points, not just focus on its negative points.
- take the ferry on the hottest/coldest day of the year
- see the beauty in the hills, in the wind, in the cold, instead of inconvenience and struggles
- listen to your lungs. don’t push. breathe. (bring your puffer with you just in case you need help)
- stop focusing on who is planning on leaving, love them while they are still here, respect that they chose not to make this city their home.
- parle en anglais quand tu veux, ou tu veux. parle en français quand je veux, ou je veux. ne passe pas ton temps à t’occuper avec qu’est-ce que les autres vont penser. ton accent est beau et ton français est très bon.
- appreciate the free things more, and more often: sauna, swimming pool, bike rides, walks, movies projected on my wall, dumpster diving, graffiti, thrift store/antique browsing, les chutes montmorency, les livres chez moi.
- it is okay to spend the night in.
- start a garden, even if it’s just a little tiny tiny tiny one to start.
- start thinking of it as home. home. home.
- make it my home.
sincerely, marie gabrielle julia caron, april 2010.
these goals can be accomplished any time between now and 2025.