[description: illustration of two women on a bicycle with flowers coming out of the wheels. Text reads, “Cuddle Jams”]
In response to Avry’s call-out for music that’s good for cuddling & hibernating, using Cub & An Horse as reference points. Here’s a mix of 25 of my favorite cuddle jams.
- Henry Rollins Don’t Dance - Allo Darlin
- I Left the Light On - Madeline Adams
- Lamp Party (Yeah) - The Sissies
- Lights Out - The Third Sex
- French Kiss Conspiracy - Churchbuilder
- Rush Hour - Free Loan Investments (Shermans cover)
- Carrie’s Song - Tiger Trap
- Strumpet - Lois
- What’s Important - Beat Happening
- Where Eagles Dare, Pt. 2 - Bunnygrunt
- Fuck It - Delta Dart
- Off (Extended Dance Mix) - Kaia
- Dreamboat - Mirah
- Breaks - Little Red Car Wreck
- Peeking Shows His Ignorance - Gaze
- I Just Do - Go Sailor
- Pretty When You Smile - Sweater Girls
- Vacation (Japanese Version) - rocket or chiritori
- Go Away - Seapony
- Fun (Demo Version) - Sourpatch
- Stand Up - The Sissies
- Baby Tooth - TacocaT
- Alaska - The Softies
- Erica - Tattle Tale
- She Looks At Me - that dog.
You can download the mix here (the songs are mix of mp3 and mp4 files, sorry! If anyone really, really needs an mp3 of an mp4, just ask!) The image used for the cover is a painting by Kris Chau.
iris & i are listening to this while cooking delicious food and having generally sweet hangouts in québec city. it is so lovely! you should check it out too.
also i am now also a contributor over at care of the self: “Winter Blues and SAD Survival tumblog curated by a team of spectacular folks. Yes our URL is a nerdy Foucault reference.” yay co-blogging!