I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this, but the song and the video will never get old for me.
Here’s to a glorious summer full of gorgeous parties like this one.
ETA: From puzzled-panther, 10 great reasons to love this vid (I agree with all of these - great list!):
- song is phenomenal
- cinematography is sweets
- women touching each other in a way that is both caring and platonic and romantic and appreciative and sexy all at once.
- BLACK WOMEN portrayed in a way that is affirming and celebratory but in no way confines them to either blackness or femaleness
- Black people depicted dancing in a way that is not hypersexualized, sexist, or a way to ridicule Blackness
- Black women portrayed in a way that doesn’t pit them against each other.
- “Leave your face at the door. Turn off your swag.”
- Black hair being depicted as beautiful, interesting, and a way of bonding rather than as something that is weird and should not be touched.
- so much great FAAAASSSSHHHHH
- it makes me feel good about me.
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME