my problem is NOT:
- that he posts pictures of black women, or that he only posts pictures of black women. i think he does a good job of showing a wide range of african american (mostly cis) women* that aren’t seen in a lot of other tumblrs, including those devoted to black women. i followed him for a long time just for this reason. and he’s a black dude, so i have no beef there.
my problems ARE:
- that he adds his name at the end of everything he reblogs. it’s irritating because it’s unnecessary. when i reblog his posts, my followers can see that i reblogged it from him even if he DOESN’T put his name on it. it feels like he’s branding the photos, or doing something akin to slapping a watermark over every image. now, you could delete his name when you reblog, or go to the original source and reblog from there, both of which i’ve done. but honestly, all that shit is a pain in the ass. and it’s especially annoying b/c he doesn’t have shit to do with anything he posts.
- HE DOESN’T HAVE SHIT TO DO WITH ANYTHING HE POSTS SO HE SHOULD NOT BE PUTTING HIS NAME ON IT. that’s just basic common courtesy and respect for the creators of the work.
- and i would have less of a problem with that if he was only reblogging celebrities and getting their images from google image or something. those ppl have lawyers and shit. but it becomes a problem once he starts reblogging from people’s personal blogs, or the blogs of say, independent artists. at that point your potentially fucking with someone’s money, someone who might not have the means to take back control of their work and image like that. and 18-15n-77-30w is a SUPER popular blog, i’ve seen his name on a non-tumblr list of “tumblrs to follow/black tumblrs to follow” so it’s not like he only has a handful of followers either.
- case in point. i unfollowed him after that. and he never responded to my comments.
- then this morning, i see on my dashboard that he reblogged a picture from me (the OP is also myself, i run that tumblr as well) and added his name. i reblogged it from him and told him to knock it off, or at the least don’t reblog from me. then he reblogs another picture from me, again adding his name. i reblog it from him, tell him to knock it off again. then i sent him that message, only to come back to my dash and find out he’s reblogged another pic. a few minutes later, he answers my message telling me to “fuq off”.
- i find it ironic that a man that has a page dedicated to black women and who claims to respect them will one, remove the captions fromt hese black women’s posts, and two, not actually, you know, LISTEN to a black woman.
- it’s also since come to my attention that he doesn’t give a damn about the possibility of posting pics of underage girls. considering that he often reblogs w/ comments on the women’s bodies and attractiveness (to put it extremely politely) and that many of his followers do the same, it seems like the basic decent thing to do to NOT flirt with distributing child pornography.
- he says on his page that if ppl contact him he will tak the pictures down, but as ALL this shit suggests, he doesn’t do it even when ppl contact him.
so for all of these reasons, i think 18-15n-77-30w is a exploitative fuck who only views black women as sexual objects and should thus go eat a bag of flaming severed dicks.
*i don’t want to say that he’s never featured a trans woman on his site, because i don’t know for sure, but his shit is undeniably ciscentric regardless.
p.s. in case y’all need it any clearer: yes i’m a black woman. my opinion fucking matters on this shit. get over it.
i’ve seen a LOT of people reblog gorgeous photos of zadie smith with this asshole as the source. FYI.