Thinking about laughable masculinity
Last night when Father John Misty sang
The audience laughed, and now I can’t stop thinking about laughable masculinity.
I also may have drunk texted an old lover for the first time (Julia’s first drunk text, July 2014, yessiree)
MAN I LOVE MOVIES
everyone should post their ten most CRUCIAL CRUCIAL CRUCIAL-ASS movies, like the movies that explain everything about yourselves in your current incarnations (not necessarily your ten favorite movies but the ten movies that you, as a person existing currently, feel would help people get to know you) (they can change later on obviously).
- Meshes of the Afternoon (Maya Deren, 1943) // Blonde Redhead, Melody (2006)
- Sedmikrásky aka Daisies (Vera Chytilová, 1966)
- Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance (Alanis Obomsawin, 1993)
- Man with a Movie Camera (Dziga Vertov, 1929)
- L’âge d’or (Luis Buñuel, 1930)
- Ghost World (Terry Zwigoff, 2001)
- Le Chat Dans le Sac, (Gilles Groulx, 1964)
- La Jetée (Chris Marker, 1962)// L’Eclisse (Antonioni, 1962)
- New Waterford Girl (Allan Moyle, 1999)
- Pandora’s Box (G.W. Pabst, 1929)
This was SO HARD but I had to make myself do it.
Also you should check out my film tag, and I feel ashamed I only have like two Canadian/Quebecois films on this list but here are some of my favs, here.
(inspired by batarde, but also loving lists by emily, ateliertovar and maddie)
Peggy Moffitt, Love's Spring 13 issue
I’m so flattered you thought of me! THAT LAST OUTFIT.
Mykki Blanco in JeanPaul Gaultier for WAD Magazine Photography : Julot Bandit Stylist : JeanPaul Paula Style assistant : Marine backer , Ludovic leger Hair : Elika Bavar Make up : Yann Boussand Larcher II Make up assistant : Tania Monterosso
I have never worn PVC but I could make an exception for this dress.
British singer/songwriter FKA twigs photographed by Inez & Vinoodh and styled by Karen Clarkson for Dazed & Confused Summer 2014
Self-Portrait, Organdy Dress by Linda Troeller, 1973
sarah making beautiful magic happen last night in ithaca
I miss this voice.
Luis Bunuel in a photobooth.